Eligibility & Requirements
Please review our Eligibility & Requirements before applying below.
Review Eligibility & Requirements
At Rent Cedar Valley, we use the criteria listed below to evaluate applicant’s acceptance into a rental property. Additional deposits, if applicable, may be assessed depending on findings of the applications after run through our office.
Rent Cedar Valley will not accept a comprehensive reusable tenant screening report obtained by applicant and will only accept applications run through our office directly.
Rental Application(s) and Fees:
The application is free, but we do require each applicant of legal age (18 years or older) to submit a rental application. There may be an application fee associated per applicant.
A valid government issued photo ID is required to verify the applicant’s identity. (This can be a Driver’s license, Identification card, passport, or military ID)
We will check for rental or mortgage history of three (3) years or two landlords.
If this is your first time renting, a co-signer may be required unless applicant can prove they are currently enrolled in school and will be receiving funds from scholarships, parental help, or has an adequate job lined up to cover living expenses. Scholarship letter and proof of income required.
Applications are processed once all parties have submitted their respective application. Income may be combined to meet the requirement of grossing 3 times the rent.
You will need to provide:
- Recent paycheck stub (more than 1 must be provided upon request)
- Any other income (i.e. retirement income, child or spousal support, self employment, disability or Social Security, scholarship funds, etc) that you are using to qualify will require 90 days worth of bank statements showing monthly deposits that meet the 3 times the rent requirement.
- Alternatively, you may show 90 days worth of bank statements, showing a balance equal to 3 times the rent, times the term of the lease. (ex. Rent = $1,000 / month for a 12 month term, bank account must reflect at least $36,000)
- A current, non-discharged bankruptcy action, falsified information, eviction less than 7 years (and not including bankruptcy), Housing related debt or Rental Reference that would not re-rent for documented reasons.
- An applicant will be denied if they have been convicted, pled guilty or no contest to a felony crime in the last 10 years.
- Any misdemeanor in the last 3 years will be a disqualification. (some exceptions include: OWI, speeding ticket, etc.)
- A pending court hearing will not immediately disqualify the application, but we reserve the right to hold the application under advisement until a decision pertaining to the case has been reached.
Most of our property owners do not accept housing assistance vouchers (Section 8). If you have any questions, please check with us before you apply.
If you are an international transferee with limited or no credit history, or if you are an international student, additional information may be required after the application has been submitted.
For health and safety reasons, we have the following occupancy standards and will not allow more people than the maximum number of occupants living in the house or apartment.
Many of our properties’ occupancy limits are mandated by the City. In order to stay in compliance, please contact us prior to filling out an application.
Generally, the maximum occupancy of any 2+ bedroom rental is 4 and any studio or 1 bedroom is 2. If you have questions about a specific property, please contact us and we can further discuss this with you.
While most of our properties are Pet Friendly, we do have special requirements as well as breed restrictions.
Pet rent may be required for any animal(s) residing at the property. This is based on the full grown weight of the pet and may range between $50 – $100 / month per pet.
Restricted Breeds: American Bull Dogs, American Pitbulls, Belgian Malinois, Dobermans, German Shepherds, Mastiff Breeds, Presna Canario, Rottweilers, Staffordshire Terriers, Wolf Hybrids.
- Documentation from your veterinarian identifying the breed
- Proof of updated vaccines (updated annually)
- Documentation that the animal has been registered within the city or county in which you are residing
Renter’s Insurance | Liability Insurance:
Upon acceptance of your application, you will be required to show proof of Renter’s Insurance as well as Liability Insurance. This requirement is to be done prior to moving into the property and possession will not be handed over until this is taken care of.
Our properties are insured, but your personal belongings are not. Renter’s insurance will cover your personal items should anything happen during your tenancy.
This may be offered along with your renter’s insurance and this will cover damages that may happen to the property due to the negligence of the applicant. A minimum of $100,000 legal liability for damage to Landlord’s property with the Owner / Agent named as additional insured. Tenant may purchase required insurance from an insurance agent of their choice.
The tenant screening may consist of, but not limited to the following: credit, criminal, eviction, public records, current and former landlord references, verification of income, other sources and screening reports obtained through an authorized reporting agency.
We do not discriminate against a person’s national origin, race, color, religion, disability, gender, or familial status. All applications are reviewed based on the information provided
Your application will be processed as quickly as possible, but may take anywhere from 1 – 3 business days to be processed. If your application is submitted over a weekend or holiday, you may need to allow for more time.